There is a lot to consider when buying your new or next home. You want to make sure that you get the BEST house for YOU. Choosing the right home, the right neighborhood, the perfect layout – it can become overwhelming. It doesn’t have to be if you journal your thoughts and think about what the most important factors you want in your new home are.
In your journal, include a list of “needs vs. wants” in a new home. This doesn’t mean you can’t have what you want in your home, but rather that you have a priority list of the most important features. You may not be able to obtain all the “want” items on your list, within your budget. You may have to compromise on a few items to stay in line with your budget. Here is a review of “needs vs. wants:”
- Specific carpeting, paint, exterior color
- Hardwood floors, tile, carpet
- Bay windows
- Built-in entertainment center
- Brass lighting fixtures
- A pretty view
- Adequate square footage for comfortable living.
- Sufficient bedrooms for your family
- Sufficient bathrooms
- Comfortable eat-in kitchen
- Backyard for children’s or pet’s play area
- Easy access to school